In addition to hitting that monster home run, RF Aaron Judge also recorded his 130th big league at-bat tonight, meaning he is no longer rookie eligible. His days as a prospect are over. 3B Dermis Garcia moved into MLB.com’s top 30 Yankees prospects list as a result. Here is one more note and one link to pass along:
- SS Gleyber Torres went for tests today and has been diagnosed with mild right rotator cuff tendinitis, the Yankees announced. He’s not expected to miss much time. Gleyber has been placed on the Double-A Trenton seven-day disabled list and IF Abi Avelino was called up from High-A Tampa to take his roster spot. Torres was scratched from last night’s game with what was called biceps tendinitis. The Yankees will play it safe with their top prospect, I’m sure.
- Matt Eddy has an interesting breakdown of the youngest farm systems in baseball. The Yankees have the seventh youngest system with an average age of 23.99 years, though that only covers the four full season affiliates. The Yankees have a ton of talented teenagers in rookie ball.
Triple-A Scranton (10-3 win over Louisville)
- SS Tyler Wade: 0-4, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 SB
- RF Clint Frazier: 0-5, 4 K — his strikeout rate went from 16.7% to 23.4% in one night
- LF Dustin Fowler: 1-4, 2 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 SB
- 1B Ji-Man Choi: 3-5, 3 R, 2 RBI, 1 K — quietly hitting .375/.450/.406 thus far
- 2B Rob Refsnyder: 2-4, 2 R, 1 2B, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 BB — first homer of the year and he is now halfway to last year’s total
- CF Mason Williams: 1-4, 1 R, 2 RBI
- LHP Caleb Smith: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 5 K, 6/1 GB/FB — 47 of 76 pitches were strikes (62%) … he spent the last two seasons in Trenton, and now he figures to get an extended opportunity here with RHP Johnny Barbato traded and LHP Dietrich Enns hurt
- RHP Ernesto Frieri: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K — 15 of 24 pitches were strikes (63%)