Just a heads up, the Staten Island Yankees are holding a Dellin Betances Bobblehead Night this Saturday (the bobblehead above!). The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive once. It’s also FDNY Appreciation Night and there will be postgame fireworks. Click here for tickets and make sure you use the promo code “FDNY” so the proceeds go to John G. Chipura Foundation and Joseph Grzelak Fund. You get a hot dog, a drink, and a Staten Island Yankees hat all for $20. Can’t beat it. Here are some other quick notes:
- Turns out the Yankees signed 12th rounder OF Terrance Robertson to an overslot $170,000 bonus, reports Jim Callis. Because he was picked after the tenth round $70,000 of that counts against the draft pool. With RHP James Kaprielian signed, the Yankees exceeded their draft pool by nearly $700,000 this year and fell just $18,565 short of having to forfeit next year’s first round pick.
- SS Tyler Wade and LHP Nestor Cortes were named the High-A Florida State League Player of the Week and Rookie Appalachian League Pitcher of the Week, respectively, so congrats to them.
Triple-A Scranton is off until tomorrow for the All-Star break. The International League beat the Pacific Coast League by the score of 4-3 in the All-Star Game tonight. Here’s the box score.
- PH-1B Kyle Roller: 2-2, 2 RBI 1 BB — entered the game in the sixth … two-run single in the top of the ninth tied the game at three, with earned him the IL Top Star honor
- PH-C Austin Romine: 0-1, 1 BB — entered the game in the seventh
Double-A Trenton is off until tomorrow for the All-Star break. The All-Star Game was played time and the score was tied 4-4 after nine innings, so they went to a Home Run Derby shootout. Each player got one swing and they alternated sides until someone homered. Reading DH Brian Pointer won it in the 11th round for the Eastern Division team. Neat!
- C Gary Sanchez: 0-2 — started and batted fifth … busy few days for him between this and the Futures Game
- RF Jake Cave: 0-3, 1 RBI, 3 K — started and batted eighth
- RHP Brady Lail: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 2/1 GB/FB — ten of 13 pitches were strikes (77%) … pitched the second inning
- RHP Eric Ruth: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1/1 GB/FB — 13 of 25 pitches were strikes (52%) … pitched the fifth