Got some mostly injury related notes to pass along:
- RHP Domingo Acevedo (back) played catch today and will do so again tomorrow, according to Matt Kardos. If all goes well, he’ll throw a bullpen session sometime next week. Acevedo was reportedly on the verge of being promoted to Double-A Trenton before the injury.
- 1B Chris Parmelee (hamstring) started a minor league rehab assignment today, reports Shane Hennigan. His 20-day rehab stint will expire on Thursday, August 25th, though I would be surprised if they use the entire 20 days. Parmelee is out of options, so he might designated for assignment as soon as he gets activated.
- LHP Justus Sheffield made an appearance in today’s Prospect Report after his eleven-strikeout organizational debut last night, so check that out.
Triple-A Scranton (4-3 win over Syracuse) they faced Nationals RHP Lucas Giolito, arguably the best pitching prospect in baseball, and they roughed him up pretty good (3.2 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 6 K on 93 pitches)
- CF Ben Gamel: 0-3, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 SB
- RF Clint Frazier: 1-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 3 K — first homer since the trade, and yes, he took Giolito deep
- LF Aaron Judge: 1-2, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 HBP
- 3B Tyler Austin: 2-4, 1 R, 1 2B, 2 K — second game at third this season … with Parmelee in town on rehab, there’s not enough room to play everyone, so they have to improvise
- DH Chris Parmelee: 1-4, 2 K – first rehab game since the hamstring injury
- RHP Brady Lail: 6 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 1 WP, 4/3 GB/FB — 59 of 93 pitches were strikes (63%)
- LHP Tyler Webb: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 0/1 GB/FB — 13 of 21 pitches were strikes (62%)
- RHP Kirby Yates: 1 IP, zeroes, 1 K, 0/1 GB/FB — nine of 16 pitches were strikes (56%)