Record Last Week: 1-2 (8 RS, 11 RA)
Season Record: 45-46 (379 RS, 416 RA, 41-50 pythag. record), 5.5 GB of postseason spot
Opponents This Week: vs. Orioles (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Giants (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The AL won the 2016 All-Star Game by the score of 4-2. It was the Junior Circuit’s fourth straight All-Star Game win. That means the Yankees will have home field advantage in the World Series.
- The Red Sox came to the Bronx to open the second half, and they beat the Yankees 5-3 in the series opener. The Yankees lost 5-2 Saturday but were able to salvage the series with last night’s 3-1 win.
- Injury Updates: Mark Teixeira (foot) is day-to-day after getting hit by a foul tip. Bryan Mitchell (toe) is throwing and running the bases. Chris Parmelee (hamstring) has resumed running the bases.
- The Yankees and Pirates have discussed a Nathan Eovaldi trade. The Astros signed Yulieski Gurriel to a five-year, $47.5M deal. Alex Rodriguez has started taking ground balls at first base.
- Four Yankees landed on Keith Law’s midseason top 50 prospects list.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?