Record Last Week: 4-3 (34 RS, 21 RA)
Season Record: 26-25 (228 RS, 218 RA, 27-24 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ Mariners (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, vs. Angels (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a three-game series against the Royals at Yankee Stadium. They blew Kansas City out and won the opener 14-1, then Adam Warren pitched New York to a 5-1 win on Tuesday. Alex Rodriguez powered the Yankees to the sweep and a 4-2 win in the series finale.
- After the series with the Royals, the Yankees flew out west to play a four-game series against the Athletics. They blew a three-run lead in Thursday’s 5-4 loss and couldn’t overcome an early deficit in Friday’s 6-2 loss. Carlos Beltran‘s late homer gave the Yankees a 5-3 win Saturday, but yesterday they were shut out 3-0.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (elbow, forearm) will rejoin the rotation Wednesday. Jacoby Ellsbury (knee) is still getting treatment and has not resumed baseball activities. Slade Heathcott (quad) was placed on the 15-day DL. Chris Martin (elbow) was activated off the 15-day DL and optioned to Triple-A Scranton. Brendan Ryan (calf, hamstring) has started a minor league rehab assignment. Gregorio Petit (hand) and Greg Bird (shoulder) have both started taking batting practice.
- Ramon Flores was called up to replace Heathcott on the roster. Aaron Judge ranked 16th on Keith Law’s updated list of the top 25 prospects in the minors.
- No Yankees are among the leaders at their position in the AL All-Star Game voting.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?