2014 Record: 84-78 (633 RS, 664 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), did not qualify for postseason
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees officially announced the 2015 coaching staff. Jeff Pentland and Alan Cockrell take over as hitting coach and assistant hitting coach, respectively, and Joe Espada was named infield coach and third base coach. Rob Thomson is the new bench coach and Tony Pena returns to his old first base coach position. The lower level minor league affiliates have all announced their 2015 coaching staffs as well.
- Prior to Friday’s deadline to exchange salary figures, the Yankees avoided arbitration with Nathan Eovaldi ($3.3M), Ivan Nova ($3.3M), Michael Pineda ($2.1M), and David Carpenter ($1.275M). All of the team’s arbitration-eligible players are now under contract.
- The Yankees acquired righty reliever Chris Martin from the Rockies for cash. They also finalized their one-year contract with Stephen Drew and designated Eury Perez for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot.
- The Nationals agreed to sign Max Scherzer to a seven-year contract. Johan Santana is pitching in winter ball and the Yankees will “keep an eye on him.”
- John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman are officially returning for 2015.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?