Spring Record: 0-0
Spring Opponents This Week: Fri. vs. PHI (on YES, MLB.tv), Sat. @ PHI (on MLB.tv), Sun. vs. TOR (on YES, MLB.tv)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees beat Dellin Betances in arbitration, meaning he will earn $3M this coming season rather than the $5M he was seeking. Team president Randy Levine then needlessly bashed Betances and his agent.
- According to reports, the Yankees have agreed to a minor league contract with ex-Mets lefty Jon Niese. They’ll look at him as both a starter and reliever in camp.
- Injury Updates: Tyler Austin (left foot) will miss at least six weeks after suffering a fracture on a foul ball during batting practice. Mason Williams (left patella tendon) will miss two weeks with inflammation.
- Hal Steinbrenner said although he loves impending free agent manager Joe Girardi, the earliest they’ll talk about a new contract is late in the season. Business as usual, basically.
- In the latest prospect rankings, seven Yankees farmhands made Baseball America’s top 100 while nine made Baseball Prospectus’ top 101. The Yankees are no longer fielding two Dominican Summer League teams.
- The Chris Carter signing became official. Richard Bleier was designated for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.