Record Last Week: 4-2 (42 RS, 32 RA)
Season Record: 72-57 (627 RS, 550 RA, 73-56 pythag. record) 1.5 GB in ALE, 5.5 games up on WC spot
Opponents This Week: @ Red Sox (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, vs. Rays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three home games against the Astros. The Yankees walked off with a 1-0 win Monday before getting embarrassed in Tuesday’s 15-1 loss. The Astros won the finale 6-2 on Wednesday.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees traveled to Atlanta for a three-game interleague series against the Braves. They won the opener 15-4, won the second game 3-1, then won the finale 20-6 yesterday. Good series!
- Injury Updates: CC Sabathia (knee) was placed on the 15-day DL with inflammation. He does not need surgery and is open to pitching out of the bullpen when he returns. Mark Teixeira (leg) played in one game last week but still has inflammation and a bone bruise, so he remains day-to-day. Gary Sanchez (hamstring) was placed on the Triple-A DL. Jacob Lindgren (elbow) is on a throwing program but has yet to pitch off a mound.
- The Yankees are unlikely to make a last minute August waiver trade. If they do make a move, it’ll have to happen by midnight tonight for the player to be eligible for the postseason roster. No exceptions. It’s a hard deadline.
- Both Michael Pineda (forearm) and Bryan Mitchell (face) were activated off the DL. Chris Capuano, Nick Goody, and Nick Rumbelow and were part of the bullpen shuttle last week.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?