Record Last Week: 5-1 (25 RS, 11 RA)
Season Record: 16-9 (124 RS, 93 RA, 16-9 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ Blue Jays (three games, Mon. to Weds.), vs. Orioles (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Rays came to the Bronx for a three-game series to start the week, and the Yankees took the opener 4-1. They won the second game 4-2 on a Brian McCann homer but dropped the finale 3-2 in 13 innings.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees headed up to Boston for a three-game series with the Red Sox. Alex Rodriguez led the Yankees to a 3-2 win Friday with his 660th career homer. Nathan Eovaldi and Dellin Betances gave New York a 4-2 win Saturday, then the Yankees held on for an 8-5 win last night.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka was placed on the 15-day DL with wrist tendinitis and a minor forearm strain. He will “conservatively” miss a month according to Brian Cashman. Chris Capuano (quad) threw four innings in his first minor league rehab game. Andrew Bailey (shoulder) has been shut down with a strain. Brendan Ryan (calf) now has a hamstring issue.
- Cashman confirmed the Yankees are not planning to pay the $6M milestone bonus for A-Rod‘s 660th homer. The team has indicated Rodriguez’s performance-enhancing drug issues have rendered the milestone unmarketable in their eyes.
- Gregorio Petit was optioned to Triple-A Scranton to clear a roster spot for Chase Whitley, Tuesday’s spot starter, then he was recalled due to Tanaka’s injury. Whitley will remain in the rotation to replace Tanaka.
- The Yankees held a private workout for free agent Cuba infielder Andy Ibanez. They also asked A-Rod to help Didi Gregorius with his defense.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features menu in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?