Record Last Week: 2-1 (9 RS, 8 RA)
Season Record: 50-41 (418 RS, 391 RA, 49-42 pythag. record) 4.0 games up in ALE
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Orioles (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), @ Twins (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The 2015 season took a four-day break last week for the All-Star Game. The AL secured home field advantage in the World Series with a 6-3 win over the NL. Dellin Betances threw a scoreless inning and both Mark Teixeira and Brett Gardner went hitless in two at-bats.
- The second half officially got underway Friday, when the Yankees used Alex Rodriguez‘s late home run to beat the Mariners 4-3 in the series opener. Robinson Cano crushed his old team in Saturday’s 4-3 loss, then Teixeira’s late homer gave New York a 2-1 win yesterday.
- Carlos Beltran and Brendan Ryan were activated off the DL last week while Rob Refsnyder and Gregorio Petit were sent down to clear a roster spot. Bryan Mitchell was also sent down so he could get stretched back out. Branden Pinder replaced him.
- As expected, the Yankees signed first round pick James Kaprielian prior to Friday’s signing deadline. He received an above-slot $2.65M bonus. The team signed 35 of their 41 draft picks.
- Aaron Judge predictably topped Baseball America’s midseason update of the Yankees’ top ten prospects. Judge also ranked 13th on Keith Law’s midseason top 50.
- The Yankees are the second most valuable sports franchise in the world, according to Forbes.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features menu in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?