Record Last Week: 3-3 (22 RS, 20 RA)
Season Record: 64-52 (551 RS, 488 RA, 65-51 pythag. record) 0.5 games up in ALE
Opponents This Week: vs. Twins (three games, Mon. to Weds.), vs. Indians (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day before the Yankees headed to Cleveland. They dropped the opener 5-4 in 16 innings after Andrew Miller blew the save. The Yankees lost 2-1 the next day before rebounding for an 8-6 win in the series finale.
- The Yankees headed to Toronto next, and they took the opener from the Blue Jays 4-3 thanks to Carlos Beltran‘s clutch home run. Masahiro Tanaka tossed a complete game in Saturday’s 4-1 win, but the offense didn’t do much in Sunday’s 3-1 loss.
- Injury Updates: Ivan Nova (finger) is expected to make his next start after being hit by a hard-hit chopper. Dustin Ackley (back) is rehabbing but has yet to start baseball activities.
- Greg Bird was called up to give Alex Rodriguez and Mark Teixeira some extra rest. Caleb Cotham, Chris Capuano, Nick Goody, and Branden Pinder were among those to ride the bullpen shuttle last week. Garrett Jones was designated for assignment and Danny Burawa was claimed off waivers by the Braves.
- The Yankees scouted Chase Utley earlier this week and they checked in on Martin Prado and Jose Reyes before the trade deadline. Hal Steinbrenner admitted he “didn’t want to give those kids up” at the deadline, referring to the club’s top prospects.
- There will be a pre-game ceremony for A-Rod‘s 3,000th hit on Sunday, September 13th.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?