Record Last Week: 5-2 (35 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 11-8 (99 RS, 82 RA, 11-8 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: vs. Rays (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week began with a four-game series in Detroit. The Yankees blew a late lead in the series opening 2-1 loss, but they rebounded with a 5-2 win the next day and destroyed David Price in Wednesday’s 13-4 win. Thursday’s 2-1 win was a nail-biter to wrap-up the series.
- The Subway Series started Friday night and the Yankees pounded Jacob deGrom for a 6-1 win in the opener. The Mets returned the favor and roughed up CC Sabathia in Saturday’s 8-2 loss. The Bombers won the series with a 6-4 win last night.
- Injury Updates: Jacoby Ellsbury (hip) is day-to-day with tightness. Ivan Nova (elbow) pitched in a simulated game. Jose Pirela (concussion) has started a minor league rehab assignment. Brendan Ryan (calf) will begin playing in Extended Spring Training games this week.
- The Yankees are planning to call up Chase Whitley to make a spot start tomorrow, giving the rest of the rotation an extra day of rest. Chasen Shreve was called back up and Branden Pinder was sent down. Matt Tracy was re-claimed off waivers from the Marlins.
- Bernie Williams signed his retirement papers at a ceremony last week.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?