Record Last Week: 4-1 (36 RS, 23 RA)
Season Record: 15-8 (128 RS, 85 RA, 16-7 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: vs. Blue Jays (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Cubs (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with back-to-back off-days. Monday was a scheduled off-day, then Tuesday’s series opener against the Red Sox was rained out. It’ll be made up as part of a doubleheader on Sunday, July 16th. The Yankees’ young players made their presence felt in Wednesday’s 3-1 win, then Masahiro Tanaka threw a complete game shutout in Thursday’s 3-0 win.
- The Yankees came home for a three-game weekend series with the Orioles. They mounted a stunning comeback for an 14-11 win Friday night, then bludgeoned the Orioles in Saturday’s 12-4 win. Sunday’s 7-4 loss was a weird extra innings game.
- Injury Updates: Gary Sanchez (biceps) is likely to begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Scranton tomorrow. Donovan Solano (calf) was placed on the Triple-A disabled list with a Grade II strain and will be out a while.
- Pete Kozma was designated for assignment Friday when Didi Gregorius was activated off the disabled list. The Rangers claimed him on waivers. Top prospect Gleyber Torres was activated off the Double-A disabled list that day as well.
- Derek Jeter is part of an ownership group that reportedly has a $1.3 billion deal in place to buy the Marlins.
- The Yankees will have a $6,912,800 bonus pool for the 2017 amateur draft.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.