Record Last Week: 4-2 (33 RS, 30 RA)
Season Record: 60-57 (487 RS, 517 RA, 55-62 pythag. record), 4.5 GB of postseason spot
Opponents This Week: vs. Blue Jays (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Angels (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day, then the Yankees went to Boston for a three-game series with the Red Sox. They dropped the opener 5-3 before rallying for a 9-4 win Wednesday and a 4-2 win Thursday.
- A home series with the Rays was next. The Yankees won the final game of Alex Rodriguez‘s career 6-3 Friday night. They then won Saturday’s game 8-4, but failed to complete the sweep Sunday, when they got blown out 12-3.
- Injury Updates: Nathan Eovaldi (elbow) was placed on the DL with a tendon injury. Brett Gardner (ankle) is day-to-day after being hit by a pitch. Conor Mullee (elbow) had nerve compression surgery. Mason Williams (quad) was activated off the Triple-A DL.
- Brian McCann has cleared trade waivers. The Yankees reportedly wanted Mike Foltynewicz and Ender Inciarte from the Braves for McCann at the deadline. Brian Cashman said the Yankees are getting two “legitimate” prospects from the Pirates for Ivan Nova. The team made both Jacoby Ellsbury and Chase Headley available at the deadline.
- Both Aaron Judge and Tyler Austin were called up last week, so that was fun. Ben Heller, Luis Cessa, Nick Goody, Rob Refsnyder, Richard Bleier, and Luis Severino were all involved in up-and-down moves. Chris Parmelee was activated off the DL and outrighted to Triple-A. Ike Davis has been released.
- The Yankees claimed Blake Parker off waivers and signed Tommy Layne as a free agent, adding two new faces to the bullpen.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.