Record Last Week: 5-1 (39 RS, 30 RA)
Season Record: 20-9 (167 RS, 115 RA, 20-9 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ Reds (two games, Mon. and Tues.), Weds. OFF, vs. Astros (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a three-game set against the Blue Jays. Luis Severino got hammered in Monday’s 7-1 loss, but the Yankees rebounded thanks to two Aaron Judge home runs in Tuesday’s 11-5 win. The Yankees rallied for a come-from-behind 8-6 win Wednesday.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees went to Chicago for a three-game interleague series with the Cubs. Brett Gardner‘s late home run led to Friday’s 3-2 win. The Yankees clobbered the Cubs in Saturday’s 11-6 win, then they finished off a sweep with a marathon 5-4 win Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Greg Bird (ankle) was placed on the 10-day disabled list with a bone bruise. Jacoby Ellsbury (elbow) missed a few games, but has since returned to the lineup. Tyler Austin (ankle) has started taking batting practice. Pitching prospects Albert Abreu (unknown) and Ian Clarkin (unknown) were placed on the minor league disabled list.
- Gary Sanchez returned from his biceps injury in time for the Cubs series. Kyle Higashioka was sent down to clear a roster spot. Rob Refsnyder was called up when Bird got hurt. Bryan Mitchell, Luis Cessa, and Chasen Shreve were involved in bullpen shuttle moves.
- The Yankees acquired pitching prospect Yoiber Marquina from the Indians to complete the Nick Goody trade.
- Aaron Judge was named AL Rookie of the Month, so that’s cool.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.