Not much happened offensively. Brett Gardner had two hits, and Dustin Ackley, Austin Romine, Rob Refsnyder, and Chris Denorfia had one each. Gardner also threw a runner out at the plate. This was some uninspired baseball. Here is the box score, here are the video highlights, and here are the day’s notes from Spring Training:
- Jacoby Ellsbury (wrist) hit off a tee and soft toss today, and said he was “very happy” with the way things went. He is tentatively scheduled to play tomorrow, but he’s going to take batting practice first and they’ll see how he feels. [Chad Jennings, Erik Boland]
- Michael Pineda threw his between-starts bullpen session and Andrew Miller threw a simulated inning. That’s notable because Miller pitched in last night game. This was his first time pitching back-to-back days this spring. [Jennings]
- Slade Heathcott has a sore right (non-throwing) shoulder. It’s the kind of thing he could play through during the regular season, but there’s no reason to push it in March. Mason Williams (shoulder) is still taking batting practice and throwing from 90 feet. That’s all right now. Domingo German (elbow) has resumed throwing bullpens. [George King, Jennings]
- Joe Girardi said “you could surmise” Tanaka will be the Opening Day starter. This is getting so silly that I assume it’s on purpose. Tanaka’s been lined up to start Opening Day since his first Grapefruit League appearance. [Ryan Hatch]
- Shane Hennigan posted the day’s minor league lineups and workout groups, if you’re interested. Wilkerman Garcia is listed under rehabbing players for whatever reason. He was working out on the minor league side earlier in camp. Not sure what happened there.
The Yankees have another night game tomorrow, at home against the Rays. There is no broadcast for that game. CC Sabathia is the scheduled starter.