Record Last Week: 2-4 (14 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 5-6 (49 RS, 53 RA, 5-6 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Athletics (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Rays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Yankees went to Toronto for a three-game set with the Blue Jays. They won the opener 3-2, but the second game slipped away and they lost 7-2. Josh Donaldson’s homer sent New York to a 4-2 loss in Thursday’s finale.
- The Yankees returned home after that, and they lost Friday’s game 7-1 to the Mariners because they stranded a ton of runners. They did the same thing in Saturday’s 3-2 loss. The Yankees were able to scratch out some runs for yesterday’s 4-3 win.
- Injury Updates: Brian McCann (toe) has since returned to the lineup after being hit by a foul tip. He missed one game. Nick Rumbelow (Tommy John surgery) is done for the year. Cesar Puello (concussion) and Deibinson Romero (unknown) were placed on the Triple-A DL.
- Aroldis Chapman made a pair of Extended Spring Training appearances last week. As part of the bullpen shuttle, Luis Cessa was sent down and Tyler Olson was called up, then Olson was sent down and Branden Pinder was called up.
- The Yankees renewed Dellin Betances’ contract at the league minimum this past offseason after he rejected a modest raise. Luis Severino recently changed agents. Nick Swisher‘s minor league deal is official. He is playing with Triple-A Scranton.
- The team has agreed to remain in Tampa for Spring Training through 2046. As part of the deal, George M. Steinbrenner Field is getting a $40M facelift.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?