Record Last Week: 4-2 (34 RS, 31 RA)
Season Record: 28-12 (231 RS, 166 RA, 26-14 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Monday OFF; Two games at Nationals (Tues. and Weds.); Thursday OFF; Three games at Royals (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Yankees welcomed the Red Sox to town for a three-game set. Giancarlo Stanton hit two homers in Tuesday’s 3-2 win, then the Yankees mounted an incredible comeback in Wednesday’s 9-6 win. Alas, the Yankees were unable to complete the sweep in Thursday’s 5-4 loss.
- The Athletics came to the Bronx next. The Yankees suffered a 10-5 loss Friday, but rebounded with an 11th inning walk-off 7-6 win Saturday and a 6-2 win Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Brandon Drury (migraines) isn’t where he needs to be yet. Tommy Kahnle (shoulder, biceps) and Adam Warren (lat) went to Tampa to continue their rehab. Greg Bird (ankle) and Billy McKinney (shoulder) both started minor league rehab assignments. Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique, hip, foot) is still “a little ways off.” Justus Sheffield (shoulder) was placed on the minor league disabled list with shoulder tightness. Thairo Estrada and Freicer Perez were placed on the minor league disabled list.
- CC Sabathia is “pretty sure” he will retire if the Yankees win the World Series this year.
- The Yankees and Red Sox will indeed play two games in London next June.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.