Dan Martin spoke to RHP Ty Hensley, who will be out another few months following hip surgery. He said the hip problem caused repeated abdominal strains and prevented him from rotating properly during his delivery. Will be interesting to see how things go for him following the procedure. Also make sure you check out this Jonathan Lehman piece on C J.R. Murphy, who spoke about his defensive improvement and learning experience since turning pro.
Triple-A Scranton Game One (5-3 win over Syracuse in seven innings) makeup of yesterday’s rainout
- 2B Corban Joseph: 2-3, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 SB, 1 E (fielding) — nine hits in his last 24 at-bats (.375) with two doubles and two homers
- CF Melky Mesa & LF Zoilo Almonte: both 0-3 — Mesa struck out thrice but also threw a runner out at second
- 1B Dan Johnson: 0-0, 2 R, 3 BB — 12 strikeouts and ten walks in 12 games for the former International League MVP
- C Bobby Wilson: 2-3, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI
- RHP Chien-Ming Wang: 5.1 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 9/2 GB/FB — 51 of 74 pitches were strikes (69%) … first start of the year and that’s pretty darn close to vintage CMW right there