Some promotion news:
- 3B Miguel Andujar has been promoted from High-A Tampa to Double-A Trenton, reports Matt Kardos. That was very much expected. Andujar hit .283/.343/.474 (144 wRC+) in 58 games in his second stint with Tampa. Now comes the hard part: Double-A.
- C Kyle Higashioka was sent from Triple-A Scranton to Double-A Trenton, so says Chad Jennings. Higashioka had a monster three weeks filling in for C Gary Sanchez, but, at the end of the day, Sanchez is the priority here, and he’s going to start behind the plate.
- Old friend alert: OF Slade Heathcott has signed a minor league deal with the White Sox, the team announced. He was placed on their Triple-A DL. I thought Slade was going to end up with the Angels because they’re short on outfielders and Billy Eppler knows him. Alas.
Triple-A Scranton (7-5 win over Toledo)
- LF Ben Gamel: 3-5, 1 3B, 3 RBI, 1 CS — 22-for-49 (.449) in his last 12 games
- DH Nick Swisher: 0-4, 1 BB
- RF Aaron Judge: 2-3, 2 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 SB — 16-for-39 (.410) in eleven games since the 0-for-24 slump
- C Gary Sanchez: 2-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 BB — first time behind the plate since the broken finger
- CF Jake Cave: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 CS
- 1B Tyler Austin: 0-5, 1 K
- RHP Brady Lail: 5 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 6/1 GB/FB — 48 of 75 pitches were strikes (64%)