Here are the day’s notes:
- Brendan Kuty spoke RHP Chance Adams about his looming big league opportunity. “Whenever they want to call me up. It’s not really under my control. When they feel I’m ready, they’ll call me up and I’ll do the best I can to help the team win,” he said.
- RHP Ronald Herrera (No. 14) and RHP Zack Littell (No. 19) made this week’s Prospect Hot Sheet. Cool to see two lower profile pitching prospects get some attention. “The 5-foot-11 righthander is not overpowering but can touch 94 mph and is difficult to square up,” said the write-up of Herrera. As for Littell, it says, “Advanced command helps all of Littell’s offerings play up.”
- The Triple-A International League released their second All-Star voting update. A bunch of Lehigh Valley and Buffalo players are in line to start. Adams and SS Gleyber Torres lead the write-in votes though. Here’s the ballot.
Triple-A Scranton (10-1 win over Lehigh Valley)
- SS Tyler Wade: 3-5, 2 R, 1 RBI — 15-for-37 (.405) during his nine-game hitting streak
- 2B Gleyber Torres: 2-5, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 K — 8-for-19 (.421) with a double and two homers in his last five games, so someone is starting to get his bearings at Triple-A
- 1B Greg Bird: 0-5, 1 R
- RF Tyler Austin: 2-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 2 K
- LF Clint Frazier: 2-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI — now hitting .262/.350/.510 on the season
- C Kyle Higashioka: 1-3, 1 R, 1 BB
- CF Mason Williams: 1-4
- RHP Luis Cessa: 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 6/5 GB/FB — 64 of 90 pitches were strikes (71%) … two earned runs or less in eight of his eleven outings down here
- LHP Tyler Webb: 0.1 IP, zeroes, 1 K — four pitches, three strikes … he usually works full innings or even multiple innings … if he makes a few more of these short left-on-left matchup outings, they might be considering him for that role in the show