One more bullet pointer on American’s birthday…
- Triple-A Scranton won. Jesus Montero singled and walked twice, Reid Gorecki doubled twice, and Greg Golson had four hits. Juan Miranda had three hits and launched his second bomb in three days since coming off the disabled list. He needs to come up to platoon at DH with Marcus Thames immediately, especially with Jorge Posada dealing with another injury. On the pitching side, Tim Redding gave up one run in eight innings of work, and Mark Melancon managed to throw a scoreless frame.
- Double-A Trenton won. Austin Romine and Brandon Laird each singled and scored. Hector Noesi gave up one run in seven rather dominant innings of work.
- High-A Tampa was rained out yet again. Graham Stoneburner was supposed to start, and he hasn’t pitched since June 23rd.
- Low-A Charleston lost. Slade Heathcott hit his first professional homerun, an inside-the-park solo shot. DeAngelo Mack also went deep, and J.R. Murphy picked up a single as well. They were shut down pretty well for the first six innings by the 11th overall pick in the 2009 draft.
- Short Season Staten Island won. Kyle Roller had three hits including a pair of doubles and Kevin Mahoney reached base three times. Nothing too interesting pitching wise.
- Rookie GCL Yanks had a scheduled day off.