Last night we listed the important offseason dates regarding the Hot Stove League, arbitration deadlines and the like. Here’s when the individual season awards will be handed out…
- Nov. 9th: AL Gold Gloves. Robbie Cano, Mark Teixeira, and maybe even Brett Gardner have a good chance of hearing their names called. Assuming they actually call names for these things. Actually scratch Gardner, he didn’t hit enough to win a Gold Glove.
- Nov. 10th: NL Gold Gloves & Silver Sluggers. Cano should get a Silver Slugger, easily.
- Nov. 15th: Rookie of the Year, both AL and NL. Uhhh … Colin Curtis?
- Nov. 16th: NL Cy Young & Manager of the Year.
- Nov. 17th: AL Manager of the Year. Doubt Joe Girardi‘s got a chance.
- Nov. 18th: AL Cy Young Award. CC Sabathia will probably finish in the top two, and he’s got a decent chance to take the award home with all those wins.
- Nov. 22nd: NL MVP.
- Nov. 23rd: AL MVP. Go Robbie.
I hate the way MLB spaces these things out, but I understand it. They want to keep casual fans interested in baseball, and it’s not a coincidence that the final award will be announced on the deadline for teams to offer their free agents arbitration. There will be a flurry of signings starting on the 24th.
* * *
Anyway, here’s your open thread for the evening. The Islanders, Devils, and Nets are all playing at various times. I forgot how much life sucks without baseball to watch. Every year this happens too, like clockwork. Sigh. Alright, you know what to do, so have at it.