2011 Record: 97-65 (855 RS, 657 RA, 102-60 pythag. record), won AL East, lost to Tigers in ALDS
Top stories from last week:
- A number of pitching options came off the market when Gio Gonzalez was traded to the Nationals, John Danks signed an extension with the White Sox, and the Rangers won Yu Darvish’s negotiating rights with a $51.7M bid. The Yankees only bid $15-17M for Darvish, and the Athletics wanted Jesus Montero and top pitching prospects for Gio. Roy Oswalt is only seeking a one-year deal now, and several teams are kicking the tires on A.J. Burnett.
- The Yankees reportedly considered pursuing Carlos Beltran earlier this offseason, but he signed with the Cardinals last week. The Indians and some other clubs have interest in Nick Swisher, and the Yankees haven’t made much progress towards a new deal with Andruw Jones.
- Joba Chamberlain’s rehab from Tommy John surgery continues to go well.
- The Yankees were hit with a $13.9M luxury tax bill for the 2011 season.
- For the third straight year, Montero topped Baseball America’s list of the top ten Yankees prospects.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.