Record Last Week: 3-2 (35 RS, 24 RA)
Season Record: 3-2 (35 RS, 24 RA, 3-2 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Blue Jays (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Mariners (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The 2016 season was supposed to start Monday, but Opening Day was rained out. The season opener had to wait until Tuesday instead. A late error sent the Yankees to a 5-3 loss on Opening Day 2.0. The bats broke out with a 16-6 win in the second game, then a late homer gave the Yankees an 8-5 win in the finale.
- Following the three games against the Astros, the Yankees went to Detroit, and they were shutout 4-0 by the Tigers in the series opener. They rebounded with an 8-4 win Saturday. Sunday’s series finale was postponed due to inclement weather.
- Injury Updates: Andrew Miller (wrist) will not wear a brace during games. Bryan Mitchell (toe) is going to miss at least four months following surgery. Luis Torrens (shoulder) has been shut down with discomfort. Nick Rumbelow left yesterday’s Triple-A game with an unknown injury.
- Nick Swisher has been working out at the Tampa complex and is expected to sign a minor league deal in the coming days. The Yankees pursued Miguel Gonzalez before he signed with the White Sox, and they tried to trade for Tyson Ross last July.
- The Reds returned Rule 5 Draft pick Jake Cave. Slot bonus values for the 2016 draft and 2016-17 international signing period have been released.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.