Record Last Week: 2-5 (22 RS, 34 RA)
Season Record: 26-30 (212 RS, 243 RA, 24-32 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: vs. Angels (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Tigers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three games on the road against the Blue Jays. The offense didn’t do much of anything in Monday’s 4-2 loss and Tuesday’s 4-1 loss. Toronto finished the sweep with a 7-0 blowout Wednesday.
- The Yankees had to travel to Detroit for a makeup game Thursday. They beat the Tigers 5-4 thanks to a big seventh inning.
- Following the night in Detroit, the Yankees headed to Baltimore for a three-game series with the Orioles. The Yankees blew a late lead Friday for a 6-5 loss, then they barely held on for an 8-6 win Saturday. The O’s took the series finale 3-1 yesterday.
- Injury Updates: Mark Teixeira (knee) was placed on the 15-day DL and may need season-ending surgery. Brian McCann (elbow) and Austin Romine (thumb) were day-to-day but are again available. Chasen Shreve (shoulder) has resumed throwing. Dustin Ackley (shoulder) tore his labrum and is done for the season.
- Luis Severino was activated off the DL and optioned to Triple-A. The Yankees called up Rob Refsnyder and Chris Parmelee throughout the week due to the Ackley and Teixeira injuries.
- Nathan Eovaldi said he is open to a long-term contract with the Yankees. The Cubs have some interest in trading for him.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.