- Chad Jennings spoke to Billy Eppler about the thinking behind the team’s Arizona Fall League assignments. Eppler also provided some injury updates: 3B Eric Jagielo (knee) is close to resuming baseball activities, C Gary Sanchez (hamstring) is basically day-to-day at this point, LHP Tyler Webb (hand) is close to returning following a tendon issue, and LHP Jacob Lindgren (elbow) is still on a throwing program but has not yet thrown off a mound.
- I missed this the other day, but Low-A Charleston was on the wrong end of an upheld protest. They won Tuesday night’s game on a walk-off, but apparently no one noticed time was called before the winning run crossed the plate. The other team protested, the league upheld it, they resumed the game from the point of the protest Wednesday, and the RiverDogs walked off again. Two walk-offs in one game! Here’s the box score.
- RHP Domingo Acevedo placed tenth on this week’s Prospect Hot Sheet, the final Hot Sheet of the season. “He hit triple digits in each of his past three starts, including as high as 103 mph in a recent outing … Acevedo couples his fastball with an above-average changeup and improving slider. At 6-foot-7 and 200-plus pounds, he has big-time potential,” said the write-up. Golly.
Triple-A Scranton (2-0 win over Buffalo) their season ends Monday and they’ve already clinched the division title
- RF Ben Gamel: 0-2, 2 BB, 1 K
- CF Jake Cave: 1-3, 1 2B, 2 K
- LHP Chris Capuano: 6 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 8/2 GB/FB — 47 of 71 pitches were strikes (66%) … wonder if he’ll be back with the big league team once the Triple-A postseason is over … probably, right?
- RHP Chris Martin: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 0/1 GB/FB — 15 of 22 pitches were strikes (68%)