Record Last Week: 3-3 (36 RS, 35 RA)
Season Record: 34-35 (283 RS, 302 RA, 32-37 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Rockies (two games, Tues. and Weds.), Thurs. OFF, vs. Twins (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a much-needed off-day following the 40 games in 41 days stretch. The Yankees went to Colorado after that, and they lost the opener 13-10 to the Rockies. They then dropped the second game 6-3.
- A four-game series in Minnesota was next. The Yankees earned a 4-1 win Thursday and then an 8-2 win Friday. They came from behind for a 7-6 win Saturday, but were unable to finish the sweep. They lost 7-4 Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Mark Teixeira (knee) has resumed hitting and running. He’ll begin a three-game minor league rehab assignment tomorrow. Carlos Beltran (knee) had fluid drained and missed a few games, but has since returned to the lineup. Brady Lail landed on the Triple-A DL.
- The Yankees signed Ike Davis and added him to the roster to help cover for all the first base injuries. Chase Shreve was activated off the DL and optioned to Triple-A. Tyler Olson was claimed off waivers from the Royals.
- Cuban infielder Yulieski Gurriel has been declared a free agent, and the Yankees have interest. The Cubs are scouting the big three relievers. The Yankees and impending free agent Carlos Beltran have not had any talks about a new contract.
- The Yankees have signed several draft picks, most notably second rounder Nick Solak. His deal will be finalized today.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.