Two quick injury rehab notes to pass along:
- Clint Frazier (oblique) worked out and hit in the cage with Double-A Trenton today, reports Kyle Franko. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll play rehab games with the Thunder. Trenton is home and Triple-A Scranton is on the road, so maybe the Yankees didn’t want him traveling too far. Anyway, Frazier is no longer with the Yankees. He’s now rehabbing with an affiliate.
- 1B Garrett Cooper (hamstring) was scratched from today’s rehab game with Trenton with an illness, reports Franko. They told him to stay home and not even come to the ballpark. Cooper is supposed to rehab with Trenton through the weekend, then rejoin the Yankees. I’m not sure if the illness changes anything.
Triple-A Scranton and Double-A Trenton were both rained out. They’re going to play doubleheaders tomorrow. Playing a doubleheader on the second to last day of the season when you’ve already clinched the division title and a postseason spot must not be very fun.
High-A Tampa (6-1 win over Lakeland)
- SS Kyle Holder: 1-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 2 K
- CF Estevan Florial: 2-4, 2 R, 1 3B, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 SB — a lot of times kids his age (19) will wear down and fade late in the season, but not Florial … he’s mashing right to the very end
- C Donny Sands: 1-4, 1 K, 1 E (throwing)
- RHP Taylor Widener: 5 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K, 1/2 GB/FB — the converted reliever finishes his regular season with a 3.39 ERA and a 129/50 K/BB in 119.1 innings
- RHP Matt Frawley: 1 IP, zeroes, 2 K — finishes the regular season with a 1.63 ERA and a 76/12 K/BB in 71.2 total innings … he came over from the Pirates in the Johnny Barbato trade a few months back