Baseball America threw some love RHP Rookie Davis’ way in their Prospect Hot Sheet prequel. “He tops out near 96 mph and sits comfortably in the low 90s, while backing up his heater with a solid mid-70s curveball and ever-improving control … So far, so good for Davis, who has notched a 12-to-1 strikeout-to-walk ratio through 11 Florida State League innings in what will be a 40-man decision year for the Yankees,” they wrote.
Also, LHP Ian Clarkin was officially added to the High-A Tampa roster and placed on the 7-day DL, the team announced. I’m not sure if he’s actually hurt though. It might just be a procedural move. If he was really hurt, they’d probably just leave him in Extended Spring Training, right?
Triple-A Scranton (10-2 loss to Syracuse)
- RF Slade Heathcott: 1-5, 1 RBI, 1 K – 5-for-26 (.192) since his two-hit night on Opening Day
- CF Ramon Flores: 0-3, 1 BB
- 2B Rob Refsnyder: 1-4, 1 K, 1 E (throwing) — that’s his fourth error in seven games
- 1B Kyle Roller: 1-4, 1 K
- C Austin Romine: 0-4, 1 PB, 1 E (throwing)
- LHP Eric Wooten: 4 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 2 HB, 3/2 GB/FB — 53 of 81 pitches were strikes (65%)
- RHP Joel De La Cruz: 2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 5/0 GB/FB — 40 of 57 pitches were strikes (70%) … been a pretty busy last few days for him with the call-up and send down