Got some links and notes to pass along:
- RHP Domingo Acevedo ranked 18th on this week’s Prospect Hot Sheet. Acevedo got hammered in the Futures Game and in his first start back, but since then, he’s posted a 2.16 ERA (3.02 FIP) with 29.5% strikeouts and 8.4% walks in five starts and 25 innings.
- Make sure you don’t miss Randy Miller’s interview with LHP Justus Sheffield. They touched on a number of things, and Sheffield also provided an update on his oblique injury. He feels 100% physically and has resumed throwing, and there’s at least a chance he’ll be back before the end of the regular season.
- Two articles worth checking out: Jim Callis on how the Yankees went from sellers to contenders in a year, and Jeff Passan on the best farm systems in baseball. Even after all the trades, the consensus in baseball is that the Yankees still have a top four farm system. Neat.
Triple-A Scranton (6-3 loss to Durham)
- LF Mason Williams: 1-4
- CF Jake Cave: 2-4, 1 R, 1 K — he’s hitting .360/.401/.603 in 37 games since July 1st
- 1B Tyler Austin: 0-4, 2 K
- RF Billy McKinney: 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 K — threw a runner out at third … 21-for-55 (.382) with five doubles, two triples, and six homers in his last 14 games
- RHP Brady Lail: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 9/2 GB/FB — 53 of 84 pitches were strikes (63%)