OF Alex Palma has been placed on the 60-day DL, the team announced. It’s being called a lower body injury. Palma had to leave the field in an ambulance last night following an outfield collision. He’ll be eligible to return the final week of the regular season, though chances are the injury ends Palma’s season. That stinks. Hope he comes back strong from whatever it is.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (6-3 win over Buffalo)
- CF Tyler Wade: 1-5, 1 2B, 2 K, 1 E (missed catch)
- RF Clint Frazier: 0-4, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K
- LF Billy McKinney: 3-5, 2 R, 1 K — cooled down a bit after the home run binge, so hopefully he’s starting to heat back up (just in time for the trade deadline!)
- 1B Ryan McBroom: 3-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 K — 10-for-19 (.526) in five games since coming up from Trenton … this is 1B Tyler Austin’s final minor league option year, so McBroom is trying to put himself in position to be the up-and-down righty platoon first baseman next year
- RHP Luis Cessa: 6 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 9/4 GB/FB — 53 of 78 pitches were strikes (68%)