Baseball America updated their top 100 prospects list today. Most players moved a spot or two, largely because someone graduated or got hurt. SS Gleyber Torres is still ranks as the No. 6 prospect, but 3B Miguel Andujar made a big jump from No. 57 to No. 29. OF Estevan Florial (No. 36), LHP Justus Sheffield (No. 39), RHP Albert Abreu (No. 73), and Chance Adams (No. 78) all make the top 100 as well. Now here are some promotion notes from vice president of baseball operations Tim Naehring (via YES):
- LHP Justus Sheffield is moving up to Triple-A Scranton. “He’s going to continue to develop, work on the fastball command,” said Naehring. Sheffield just started Tuesday, so his next start is a still a few days away. He spent last season with Double-A Trenton, hence the quick promotion.
- RHP Luis Medina is “probably going to move on to Charleston soon,” said Naehring. Medina, who is only 19, is currently in Extended Spring Training. Soon he’ll be in full season ball.
- RHP Nick Nelson is being promoted to High-A Tampa, according to Naehring. Nelson spent all of last season with Low-A Charleston, so it’s no surprise he’s getting a quick promotion.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (4-3 win over Pawtucket, walk-off style)
- RF Tyler Wade: 1-4, 1 3B — played center field earlier this week, and now he’s in right field
- SS Thairo Estrada: 0-3, 2 K, 1 HBP
- 3B Brandon Drury: 2-3, 1 BB — here’s video of his first single and second single … Matt Kardos says the Yankees are moving Drury’s rehab to Trenton tomorrow because the RailRiders are about to go on the road trip, and the Yankees want him close to New York so he can continue getting treatment and whatnot
- 1B Mike Ford: 1-4
- C Kyle Higashioka: 1-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 K — four homers in 20 games
- CF Clint Frazier: 1-4, 1 R, 1 3B, 2 K — threw a runner out at third … this was his first start in center field since 2016, when he was still with the Indians … here’s video of the triple … after the triple, he scored the game-winning run on DH Ryan McBroom’s walk-off sac fly
- LHP Nestor Cortes: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 2/1 GB/FB — 37 of 57 pitches were strikes (65%)
- RHP J.P. Feyereisen: 2.1 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 1/1 GB/FB — 25 of 36 pitches were strikes (695) … 10/7 K/BB in 13 innings