Three quick notes:
- In case you missed it earlier, the Yankees have re-signed RHP David Hale to a new minor league contract. He’s heading back to Triple-A Scranton. OF Cody Asche was released to open up a roster spot, the team announced.
- OF Mark Payton is progressing well following knee surgery, RailRiders manager Bobby Mitchell told Conor Foley. Payton needed knee surgery in Spring Training. He’s about three weeks away from returning.
- RHP Gio Gallegos is now dealing with low back tightness, Mitchell told Brendan Kuty. Gallegos was initially placed on the disabled list with a groin issue. Now his back is acting up.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (7-1 win over Buffalo)
- CF Tyler Wade: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 SB — notable that he’s playing center field … the Yankees are having him work to increase his versatility again
- SS Thairo Estrada: 1-4, 1 RBI, 2 K
- 3B Brandon Drury: 0-3, 1 R, 1 RBI — Mitchell told Kuty it is unrealistic to expect Drury to be ready to return by Friday … Drury’s 20-day rehab window doesn’t expire until May 14th, so there’s no rush to get him back soon
- DH Kyle Higashioka: 2-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 1 K — had been in an 0-for-13 skid
- LF Clint Frazier: 0-4, 2 K — his rehab has been moved up here from Tampa
- LHP Daniel Camarena: 7 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1 HB, 8/4 GB/FB — 53 of 80 pitches were strikes (66%), plus he picked a runner off second base
- RHP Brady Lail: 2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 3/2 GB/FB — 21 of 31 pitches were strikes (68%) … 23/3 K/BB in his last 11.1 innings