IF Abi Avelino was named the High-A Florida State League Offensive Player of the Week, so congrats to him. Also, Chad Jennings posted a bunch of minor league notes earlier today, so make sure you go check ’em all out. Here are the important injury updates:
- LHP Ian Clarkin (elbow inflammation) is currently on a throwing program “with no complaints,” according to assistant GM Billy Eppler. So now we know Clarkin is throwing with unknown intensity and frequency. Hooray? The left-hander hasn’t pitched at all in 2015 and it seems unlikely he will get into any games before the minor league season ends in a few weeks.
- 3B Eric Jagielo (knee) had arthroscopic surgery last week and will resume baseball activities in eight weeks, so his season is effectively over. Maybe Jagielo can get healthy in time to play in the Arizona Fall League. The season usually begins in early-October.
- LHP Jacob Lindgren (elbow) is “progressing well” following surgery to remove bone chips. He’s scheduled to begin a throwing program next week and the expectation is he will pitch again this season. Also, OF Mason Williams (shoulder) is still rehabbing and will be re-evaluated this week.
- And finally, RHP Brady Lail has been promoted to Triple-A Scranton and RHP Rookie Davis has been promoted to Double-A Trenton, report Matt Kardos and Josh Norris. We probably see a few more guys promoted for final few weeks of the season as well.
Low-A Charleston (5-4 loss to Hagerstown, walk-off style)
- SS Jorge Mateo: 1-4, 1 R, 1 2B, 2 K, 1 E (fielding)
- CF Austin Aune: 0-4, 3 K
- RF Alex Palma: 0-4, 1 K — threw a runner out at second
- RHP Chance Adams: 3 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 2/2 GB/FB — 29/7 K/BB in 21.1 innings for this year’s fifth rounder