2015 Season Record: 87-75 (764 RS, 698 RA, 88-74 pythag. record), lost wildcard game
Top stories from last week:
- Prior to Friday’s filing deadline, the Yankees signed Michael Pineda ($4.3M) and Dustin Ackley ($3.2M) to one-year contracts. The team filed salary figures with Aroldis Chapman ($13.1M vs. $9M), Nathan Eovaldi ($6.3M vs. $4.9M), Ivan Nova ($4.6M vs. $3.4M), and Didi Gregorius ($2.525M vs. $2.3M). The two sides can still talk about a contract of any size.
- The Yankees traded Rob Segedin and a player to be named later to the Dodgers for lefty Tyler Olson and utility man Ronald Torreyes. Torreyes was designated for assignment a few days later when the team claimed outfielder Lane Adams off waivers from the Royals.
- Joe Girardi confirmed Chapman will indeed come to Spring Training as the team’s closer. Brian Cashman said the Yankees have no plans to try Rob Refsnyder at third base right now.
- Three players joined the Yankees on minor league contracts last week: righty Anthony Swarzak, righty Tyler Jones, and infielder Jonathan Diaz.
- The Yankees scouted cricket player Kieran Powell, who is attempting to transition to baseball. They are not interested in signing him, however.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?