Record Last Week: 1-6 (23 RS, 35 RA)
Season Record: 77-72 (628 RS, 647 RA, 72-77 pythag. record), 4.0 GB of postseason spot
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Rays (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), @ Blue Jays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Dodgers came to the Bronx for an interleague series to start the week. Some careless defense cost the Yankees in Monday’s 8-2 loss, though three solo home runs gave the team a 3-0 win Tuesday. A winnable game slipped away in Wednesday’s 2-0 loss.
- Four games in Boston followed. Thursday’s 7-5 loss was a walk-off heartbreaker, though at least Friday’s 7-4 loss was a bit less painful. The Yankees dropped Saturday’s game 6-5 before blowing a four-run lead in Sunday’s 5-4 loss.
- Injury Updates: Aaron Judge (oblique) is done for the season with a Grade II strain. Starlin Castro (hamstring) has a Grade I strain and may be done for the season. Jacoby Ellsbury (knee) is day-to-day with a bone bruise. James Kaprielian (elbow) started facing hitters.
- The Yankees signed Billy Butler to serve as the DH against lefties. Mason Williams and Donovan Solano were among those called up last week. Anthony Swarzak was activated off the DL as well.
- It’s unlikely Luis Severino will go to winter ball to accumulate innings and work on his changeup. The Yankees have not spoken to Nathan Eovaldi about his future with the team.
- Triple-A Scranton won the Governor’s Cup as the International League champions.
- The 2017 schedule was announced. The Yankees will open in Tampa Bay.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?