Record Last Week: 5-1 (32 RS, 25 RA)
Season Record: 55-42 (450 RS, 416 RA, 52-45 pythag. record) 6.5 games up in ALE
Opponents This Week: @ Rangers (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), @ White Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day, then the Orioles came to the Bronx for a three-game series. Brendan Ryan gave the Yankees a 3-2 win on Tuesday with a late-inning double. They won Wednesday’s game 4-3 before blowing the O’s out in Thursday’s 9-3 win to finish the sweep.
- The Yankees traveled to Minnesota next, and the Twins blew them out 10-1 on Friday. Alex Rodriguez hit three home runs in Saturday’s 8-5 win and Nathan Eovaldi dominated in Sunday’s 7-2 win.
- Injury Update: Slade Heathcott (quad) has started a minor league rehab assignment. Mason Williams (shoulder) traveled to Tampa to continue his rehab. Aaron Judge (unknown) returned to the Triple-A lineup yesterday after missing about a week.
- Trade deadline targets Johnny Cueto (Royals) and Scott Kazmir (Astros) were both traded last week. The Yankees are expected to listen to offers for Gary Sanchez and they’re seeking a righty bat and a righty reliever.
- Nick Goody was called up and Branden Pinder was sent down last week. Brian Cashman confirmed Vicente Campos will likely be re-added to the 40-man roster in the offseason as long as he stays healthy.
- The Dodgers will come to Yankee Stadium for an interleague series next year according to the 2016 preliminary schedule.
- Hal Steinbrenner said Derek Jeter will eventually return to the team in some capacity.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?