2015 Season Record: 87-75 (764 RS, 698 RA, 88-74 pythag. record), lost wildcard game
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees asked about Shelby Miller but the Braves wanted Luis Severino in return. They’re not close to trading Brett Gardner, Andrew Miller, or Ivan Nova. Infielder Pete Kozma was signed to a minor league contract for depth.
- Several big name free agent pitchers came off the board last week: David Price (seven years, $217M with Red Sox), Zack Greinke (six years, $206.5M with Diamondbacks), and Jeff Samardzija (five years, $90M with Giants). The Yankees do not have interest in Johnny Cueto.
- Mark Teixeira (shin), Masahiro Tanaka (elbow), and Nathan Eovaldi (elbow) are all progressing well with their rehabs. Right-hander Domingo German was the only player the Yankees non-tendered prior to the deadline. He’s rehabbing from Tommy John surgery.
- The Yankees were hit with a $26M luxury tax bill for 2015. The team split $1.05M in postseason money and issues 59 full shares.
- Minor league pitching coordinator Gil Patterson has left the Yankees to return to the Athletics.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?