Record Last Week: 6-0 (37 RS, 17 RA)
Season Record: 32-25 (265 RS, 235 RA, 32-25 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Nationals (two games, Tues. and Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Orioles (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees opened the week out on the West Coast, with a three-game series against the Mariners. They pounded Felix Hernandez in Monday’s 7-2 win, then rallied late to win Tuesday’s game 5-3 in extra innings. Masahiro Tanaka returned from the DL and dominated in Wednesday’s 3-1 win to clinch the sweep.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Angels came to the Bronx for a three-game weekend series. The bullpen nearly blew a huge lead in Friday’s 8-7 win, but there were no such problems in Saturday’s 8-2 blowout win. Three homers helped the Yankees come from behind and finish the sweep with a 6-2 win yesterday.
- Injury Updates: Jacoby Ellsbury (knee) has resumed light baseball activities. Ivan Nova (elbow) and Gregorio Petit (hand) will begin rehab assignments today. Carlos Beltran (foot) and Brian McCann (foot) were both day-to-day but have since returned to the lineup. Brendan Ryan (calf, hamstring) is on a minor league rehab assignment. Greg Bird (shoulder) was activated off the Double-A DL.
- Chris Capuano was shifted to the bullpen when Tanaka returned, and David Carpenter was somewhat surprisingly designated for assignment to clear a 25-man roster spot. Matt Tracy was outrighted off the 40-man roster as well.
- Brian Cashman said he doesn’t see the Yankees “making a major acquisition for a pitcher” before the trade deadline.
- Once again, no Yankees were among the leading vote getters in the latest AL All-Star Game voting update.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features menu in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?