Record Last Week: 5-2 (36 RS, 17 RA)
Season Record: 91-71 (858 RS, 660 RA, 100-62 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Monday OFF, Tuesday vs. Twins (AL Wild Card Game)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a makeup game against the Royals, a makeup game the Yankees won 11-3 Monday. Aaron Judge hit his 49th and 50th home runs of the season in that game, setting a new rookie record.
- The Rays came to town next. The Yankees clinched homefield advantage in the Wild Card Game with Tuesday’s 6-1 win, then Luis Severino pitched well in his Wild Card Game tune-up start in Wednesday’s 6-1 win. One terrible inning sent the Yankees to a 9-6 loss Thursday.
- The regular season wrapped up with a three-game series against the Blue Jays. Masahiro Tanaka was brilliant in Friday’s 4-0 win, then Judge clocked another home run in Saturday’s 2-1 win. The Yankees closed out the regular season with a 2-1 loss Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Both Aaron Hicks (oblique) and Adam Warren (back) were activated off the disabled list.
- Shohei Otani has started interviewing MLB agents and, if he does come over to MLB this winter, he’ll do so under the old posting system, meaning the Nippon Ham Fighters will set a $20M release fee.
- The Yankees have added Billy McKinney and Cody Carroll to the Arizona Fall League. McKinney will reportedly work out at first base.
- The Yankees will “significantly” extend the protective netting at Yankee Stadium next season.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.