Record Last Week: 5-2 (31 RS, 28 RA)
Season Record: 21-22 (168 RS, 187 RA, 19-24 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Blue Jays (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), @ Rays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three games in Arizona. The Diamondbacks blew the Yankees out 12-2 in the first game, then Michael Pineda got roughed up (again) in Tuesday’s 5-3 loss. Nathan Eovaldi and the bullpen led the Yankees to a 4-2 win in the series finale.
- The Yankees traveled to Oakland next, and they took the series opener 4-1. An 8-3 win followed the next day as CC Sabathia returned from the DL. The Yankees won Saturday’s game 5-1 and they finished the sweep with yesterday’s 5-4 win.
- Injury Updates: Alex Rodriguez (hamstring) is expected to be activated off the DL tomorrow. James Kaprielian (elbow) is expected to return to the mound in 4-6 weeks. Ty Hensley needs a second Tommy John surgery.
- The Yankees signed Neal Cotts to a minor league deal and designated Phil Coke for assignment. Among the players called up and send down last week include James Pazos, Chad Green, Luis Cessa, Rob Refsnyder, and Conor Mullee.
- Cuban infielder Yulieski Gurriel would be “super happy” to play for the Yankees. Hal Steinbrenner said he is “not even thinking about” the possibility of selling at the trade deadline.
- The strike zone and intentional walk may be changing next season.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.