Record Last Week: 2-4 (16 RS, 24 RA)
Season Record: 52-52 (419 RS, 452 RA, 48-56 pythag. record), 5.5 GB of postseason spot
Opponents This Week: @ Mets (two games, Mon. and Tues.), vs. Mets (two games, Weds. and Thurs.), vs. Indians (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees opened the week in Houston. They finally beat Dallas Keuchel in Monday’s 2-1 win, then CC Sabathia led his club to a 6-3 win Tuesday. The Yankees lost 4-1 Wednesday and failed to complete the sweep.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees played a three-game series with the Rays in Tampa. Ivan Nova got hit hard in Friday’s 5-1 loss, the offense fell short in Saturday’s 6-3 loss, then Michael Pineda got knocked around in yesterday’s 5-3 loss.
- Injury Updates: James Kaprielian (elbow) has resumed throwing but isn’t expected to pitch in another game this season. Bryan Mitchell (toe) threw a simulated game over the weekend. Jacob Lindgren (elbow) is throwing off a mound. Ian Clarkin (knee) is done for the season with a meniscus problem. Conor Mullee (hand) has started a rehab assignment.
- The Yankees made three trades last week. Aroldis Chapman went to the Cubs for Adam Warren and three prospects, Andrew Miller went to the Indians for four prospects, and Vicente Campos went to the Diamondbacks for Tyler Clippard.
- Here are our deadline open thread for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Carlos Beltran, Brian McCann, Nova, and others are said to be on the market.
- Chasen Shreve and Luis Severino were involved in up-and-down moves last week.
- The qualifying offer is estimated at $16.7M this coming offseason.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.