Record Last Week: 4-3 (35 RS, 35 RA)
Season Record: 56-55 (454 RS, 487 RA, 52-59 pythag. record), 5.0 GB of postseason spot
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Red Sox (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Rays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The 2016 edition of the Subway Series started with a 6-5 win on Monday. The Yankees dropped the second game 7-1, but rebounded for a 9-5 win on Wednesday. They lost the finale 4-1.
- The Indians came to the Bronx next. The Yankees against took the series opener, this time by the score of 13-7. Cleveland answered back with a 5-2 win Saturday, but the Bombers were able to pull off a 3-2 win yesterday to win the series.
- Injury Updates: Greg Bird (shoulder) has resumed baseball activities. Aaron Judge (knee) has returned to the Triple-A lineup. Chris Parmelee (hamstring) has started a rehab assignment. Jacob Lindgren (elbow) had Tommy John surgery. James Kaprielian (elbow) is throwing but won’t pitch in games again this season. Conor Mullee (hand) suffered a setback.
- Prior to Monday’s trade deadline, the Yankees sent Carlos Beltran to the Rangers for three prospects. They also traded Ivan Nova to the Pirates for two players to be named later. Beltran and Aroldis Chapman are open to re-signing with the Yankees.
- Alex Rodriguez will play his final game this Friday, then join the Yankees in an advisory role. Mark Teixeira announced he will retire after the season.
- Johnny Barbato, Chasen Shreve, Chad Green, Ben Gamel, Nick Goody, and Gary Sanchez were all involved in up-and-down moves last week.
- Following the trade deadline, the Yankees have seven top 100 prospects and the second best farm system in baseball according to MLB.com.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.