Record Last Week: 2-3 (22 RS, 29 RA)
Season Record: 34-28 (287 RS, 264 RA, 34-28 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ Marlins (two games, Mon. and Tues.), vs. Marlins (two games, Weds. and Thurs.), vs. Tigers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day and a quick two-game series against the Nationals. Masahiro Tanaka outdueled Max Scherzer in Monday’s 6-1 win, but the bullpen blew a lead in Tuesday’s 5-4 extra innings loss.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees went to Baltimore and dropped the series-opener 11-3. They got roughed up in Saturday’s loss before rebounding for a 5-3 win yesterday.
- Injury Updates: Andrew Miller (forearm) was placed on the 15-day DL with a flexor muscle strain. Ivan Nova (elbow) has made two Triple-A rehab starts. Chase Headley (groin) left Friday’s game but has since returned to action. Brendan Ryan (calf, hamstring) was activated off the DL. Gregorio Petit (hand) was activated off the DL and optioned to Triple-A Scranton. Austin Romine (head) was hit by a pitch but does not have a concussion.
- The Yankees have interest in Ben Zobrist and Dustin Ackley. Brian Cashman said they need a right-handed reliever then signed Sergio Santos. Santos was added to the roster later in the week. Free agent possibility Rafael Soriano signed with the Cubs.
- Esmil Rogers was outrighted off the 40-man roster and Jacob Lindgren was optioned to Triple-A Scranton as part of a bullpen overhaul. Jose Pirela was also sent down. Santos, Jose Ramirez, Chris Martin, and Mason Williams were all called up.
- David Carpenter, who had been designated for assignment two weeks ago, was traded to the Nationals for minor league second baseman Tony Renda.
- The Yankees selected UCLA RHP James Kaprielian with their first round pick and San Diego SS Kyle Holder with their supplemental first round pick in the 2015 draft. Holder has already signed. Here are our Day One, Day Two, and Day Three draft reviews.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?