Spring Training Record: 3-0 (15 RS, 5 RA)
Spring Training Schedule This Week: Mon. vs. Phillies; Tues. @ Blue Jays; Weds. vs. Tigers (YES, MLB.tv); Thurs. @ Phillies (MLBN, MLB.tv); Fri. vs. Braves (YES, MLB.tv); Sat. @ Red Sox (MLBN, MLB.tv); Sun. vs. Rays (YES, MLB.tv)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees acquired Brandon Drury from the Diamondbacks in a three-team trade that sent prospects Nick Solak to the Rays and Taylor Widener to Arizona. Drury will compete for the third base job, though it sure sounds like he’s the favorite at the moment.
- Injury Updates: Aaron Judge (shoulder) is progressing well and is expected to play in games sometime this week. Drury (hand) is fine after being hit by a pitch. Thairo Estrada (hip) is using an elliptical machine and could be ready for the start of the minor league season. Clarke Schmidt (elbow) has resumed throwing off a mound as he rehabs from Tommy John surgery.
- The Yankees are still looking for pitching, but Alex Cobb and Lance Lynn “aren’t really in play” for them. To clear a 40-man spot for Drury, Jabari Blash was traded to the Angels for cash or a player to be named later.
- Alex Rodriguez has rejoined the Yankees as a special advisor. Nick Swisher was hired in the same capacity. Dan Giese was promoted to pro scouting director while Matt Daley is the new assistant pro scouting director.
- MLB announced new pace-of-play rules. Teams are now limited to six non-pitching change mound visits per game, and commercial breaks are shorter.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.