Record Last Week: 3-4 (44 RS, 35 RA)
Season Record: 43-37 (452 RS, 348 RA, 49-31 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: vs. Blue Jays (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, vs. Brewers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with four games in Chicago. The Yankees held on for a 6-5 win Monday before the bullpen melted down in Tuesday’s 4-3 loss. The kids led the Yankees to a 12-3 win Wednesday, then a 4-3 loss Thursday closed out the series.
- The Yankees traveled to Houston next. They picked up a 13-4 win Friday, but the bullpen blew another lead in Saturday’s 7-6 loss. Sunday’s 8-1 loss clinched yet another series defeat.
- Several top prospects were called up to make their MLB debuts last week: Tyler Wade, Miguel Andujar, Dustin Fowler, and Clint Frazier. Fowler suffered a ruptured patella tendon in his first inning as a big leaguer. His season is over. Baseball is the worst.
- Injury Updates: CC Sabathia (hamstring) and Adam Warren (shoulder) are on track to return Tuesday. Matt Holliday (illness), Starlin Castro (hamstring), Aaron Hicks (oblique), and Tyler Austin (hamstring) were all placed on the disabled list. Fowler (knee) is done for the season.
- Jacoby Ellsbury was activated off the disabled list and Chris Carter was brought back after Austin’s injury. Ronald Herrera, Jonathan Holder, Tyler Webb, and Rob Refsnyder were involved in shuttle moves last week. Mason Williams was designated for assignment.
- The Yankees have interest in Martin Prado and Justin Bour of the Marlins, and they’re looking for bullpen help too. The Padres asked about Gleyber Torres.
- Castro, Dellin Betances, Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, and Luis Severino were all selected to the 2017 All-Star Game. Domingo Acevedo and Estevan Florial will represent the Yankees at the 2017 Futures Game.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.