Record Last Week: 3-2 (21 RS, 27 RA)
Season Record: 37-37 (304 RS, 329 RA, 34-40 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: vs. Rangers (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), @ Padres (three games, Fri. to Sat.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day, then the Rockies came to the Bronx for a quick two-game series. Ivan Nova got rocked in Tuesday’s 8-4 loss, then Starlin Castro hit a walk-off home run in Wednesday’s 9-8 win.
- Another off-day followed Thursday. The Twins were next up, and the Yankees opened the series with a 5-3 win Friday. They were able to eke out a 2-1 win Saturday, but dropped yesterday’s finale 7-1.
- Injury Updates: CC Sabathia (ankle) is expected to make his next start. Chris Parmelee (hamstring) is expected to resume baseball activities soon. Bryan Mitchell (toe) is playing catch and could begin throwing off a mound soon.
- Hal Steinbrenner and Brian Cashman both say the Yankees are not ready to sell even though five teams are already lining up to make a run at Andrew Miller. The Yankees have not ruled out re-signing impending free agent Aroldis Chapman. They have a private workout scheduled for Cuban infielder Yulieski Gurriel.
- Ike Davis was designated for assignment when Mark Teixeira was activated off the DL. Luis Cessa and Nick Goody were involved in up-and-down moves last week. The Dodgers claimed Layne Somsen off waivers.
- Several more 2016 draft picks have signed, including second rounder Nick Solak and third rounder Nolan Martinez. The Yankees are also favored to sign Dominican righty Roancy Contreras.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.