2014 Record: 84-78 (633 RS, 664 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), did not qualify for postseason
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees announced they will retire Nos. 20, 46, and 51 during three different ceremonies this coming season. They will also add a plaque to Monument Park in honor of Willie Randolph.
- Pitchers and catchers reported to Spring Training and Joe Girardi held his annual start of camp press conference. He was asked about Alex Rodriguez, of course, as well as several other topics. Here’s a recap.
- A-Rod released a statement with an apology to MLB, MLBPA, the Yankees, and the fans for “the mistakes that led to my suspension for the 2014 season.”
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (elbow) has thrown two bullpen sessions and feels “absolutely fine.” CC Sabathia (knee) threw in the bullpen and is “able to go 100% and not feel anything.” Jose Ramirez (lat) is healthy after missing most of last year.
- The Yankees held not one, but two private workouts for Cuban wunderkind Yoan Moncada last week. Then he signed with the Red Sox for approximately $30M.
- New York also has interest in Cuban infielder Andy Ibanez. The Yankees signed righty reliever Jared Burton to a minor league contract.
- Luis Severino and Aaron Judge made Baseball America’s top 100 prospects list. They landed seven players on FanGraphs’ top 200 prospects list and ranked 21st in Baseball Prospectus’ farm system rankings.
- Pitching coach Larry Rothschild confirmed the Yankees will discuss using a six-man rotation at times early in the season.
- MLB and the MLBPA announced new pace of play and instant replay rule modifications for 2015.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?