Record Last Week: 2-4 (17 RS, 16 RA)
Season Record: 61-49 (529 RS, 468 RA, 62-48 pythag. record) 1.5 games up in ALE
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Indians (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), @ Blue Jays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Red Sox came to Yankee Stadium for a three-game series. The Yankees jumped on Boston’s bullpen in Tuesday’s 13-3 win, though the offense came up short in Wednesday’s 2-1 loss. Jacoby Ellsbury‘s late homer gave New York a 2-1 win Thursday.
- The three-game weekend series with the Blue Jays started with Friday’s 2-1 loss in extra innings. Toronto shut the Yankees out 6-0 the next day then again 2-0 the day after that to finish the sweep. Blah.
- Injury Updates: Michael Pineda (forearm) started a throwing program. Dustin Ackley (back) was placed on the DL. Mason Williams (shoulder) had surgery and is done for the year. Brian McCann (knee) missed a few games but has since returned to the lineup. Ian Clarkin (elbow) has started a throwing program and Jacob Lindgren (elbow) will start one soon. Eric Jagielo (knee) had arthroscopic surgery.
- The Braves suggested a Cameron Maybin for Gary Sanchez trade before the deadline. The Yankees are viewed as a potential suitor for Chase Utley in an August waiver trade.
- Aaron Judge, Luis Severino, and Jorge Mateo all made MLB.com’s midseason top 100 prospects update.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?