Record Last Week: 1-5 (15 RS, 34 RA)
Season Record: 8-15 (81 RS, 112 RA, 8-15 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Orioles (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees started the week in Texas, and they beat the Rangers 3-1 in Monday’s series opener behind Nathan Eovaldi. The Rangers blew New York out 10-1 the next day, and the Yankees were limited to two runs yet again in Wednesday’s 3-2 loss.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees went up to Boston for the first series of the season against the Red Sox. They blew a late lead in Friday’s 4-2 loss, then were blown out 8-0 on Saturday. The BoSox finished off the sweep with an 8-7 win yesterday.
- Injury Updates: Both Alex Rodriguez (oblique) and Aaron Hicks (shoulder) have since returned to action. James Kaprielian (elbow) will be out indefinitely with inflammation. Slade Heathcott (hand) has since returned to the Triple-A lineup. Branden Pinder (elbow) had Tommy John surgery.
- The Yankees signed lefty Phil Coke to a minor league contract for pitching depth. He’s in Triple-A.
- Voting for the 2016 All-Star Game has already started.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.